Storm Rear Suspension Linkage

8 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted March 22, 2005 - 09:46 AM

Has anyone used one of these? Do they really help the cornering on an 04 450 or is it just some unneccesary Bling Bling :) I have heard a lot of people say that the triple clamp offset is perfect on the 450's and to not mess with that :p
Anyways the linkage is priced pretty cheap when looking at other supension mods. :) Just wanted to hear some feedback :D :D

• PK

Posted March 24, 2005 - 08:00 AM

Nobody has one of these installed that could give some feedback?

• yzfmxer

Posted March 24, 2005 - 08:36 AM

My friend has one on his 04 450, and he cant tell a diffeence, He bought it because it raise up the back of the bike alittle, and he is 6'5" so he needs it.

Why not look into the Fastway link?? Its adjustable, looks sweet, and I know you could adjust the fastway so you could feel a differnce on corners, But im not sure I could say that abouth the Storm.

www.fastwayperformance.com

• fastenuf4u

Posted March 24, 2005 - 11:48 AM

I installed one on my 03 450 and could easily tell the difference. I was able to lay the old girl over alot easier than she had wanted to in the past and it railed through ruts and berms far better than before as well. I am not sure if they did anything to improve the turning on the 04's but if not I would think the Storm Linkage would be a good investment.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted March 24, 2005 - 04:20 PM

Has anyone used one of these? Do they really help the cornering on an 04 450 or is it just some unneccesary Bling Bling :) I have heard a lot of people say that the triple clamp offset is perfect on the 450's and to not mess with that :D
Anyways the linkage is priced pretty cheap when looking at other supension mods. :) Just wanted to hear some feedback :D :o

buy it you will like it - I have one on my 03 and once you get the sag set correctly it will turn a lot easier :p

• trailriderjoe

Posted March 25, 2005 - 04:34 AM

You can also PM crazymotoman411. He doesn't hang around much these days. But I know he has had one for a year+, I'll ask him to post.

• PK

Posted March 25, 2005 - 06:09 AM

Thanks fellas, I knew somebody out there had some experience with it. What is the difference between the 03 and 04's that would make the linkage seem to work better on an 03 than a 04?

• YZDAD1

Posted March 25, 2005 - 06:23 AM

You can also PM crazymotoman411. He doesn't hang around much these days. But I know he has had one for a year+, I'll ask him to post.

He's got it for sale on "Ebay" right now. His new suspension does not require it. You can pick it up for a deal and test it. If you like it, you got it cheap :) . If you don't, relist it and let someone else give it a go.......... :)

• Ga426owner

Posted March 25, 2005 - 01:06 PM

Thanks fellas, I knew somebody out there had some experience with it. What is the difference between the 03 and 04's that would make the linkage seem to work better on an 03 than a 04?

nothing that I am aware of............

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.