Manual decomp lever with auto decomp yz cam info neede.

5 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted March 22, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I'll be installing the yz 450 cam this weekend and I'd like to know if I can keep the manual decomp with the auto decomp of the yz 450 cam ?

Thanks

• Sylvain

Posted March 24, 2005 - 06:02 AM

bump :)

• scott_h

Posted March 24, 2005 - 09:12 PM

Yes you can retain the manual decomp lever and still run the new cam. The mechanisms are totally independent of each other.

Scott

ps I miss hockey!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMathis

Posted March 25, 2005 - 04:13 AM

You can keep it but I don't know why you would. One less lever you have to worry about breaking. You are not going to need the manual decomp, the bike will kick over much easier.

• DigilubeJay

Posted March 25, 2005 - 04:17 PM

You can leave the mechanisim in place at the motor, and take the cable and lever off.

• Sylvain

Posted March 26, 2005 - 08:30 AM

You can keep it but I don't know why you would. One less lever you have to worry about breaking. You are not going to need the manual decomp, the bike will kick over much easier.

I tough that by keeping the manual decomp, it would permit flushing the engine when it's flooded. Make sense ??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.