Exhaust glowing BRIGHT red..

25 replies to this topic
  • portlandchamp

Posted March 21, 2005 - 11:48 PM

Will someone please tell me if this is normal? I have an '03 YZ450F with FMF Ti4 full exhaust system and the bomber. If I start it up for even one minute it glowes all the way to the bomber. It has a zip-ty needle adjuster that I have turned out 2 turns.. Any help?? thanks...

• curtains23

Posted March 22, 2005 - 12:13 AM

They all do it, its normal so dont adjust anything.
Curtains23

• rmracer27

Posted March 22, 2005 - 04:22 AM

They all turn red if you let them sit and idle. They like to have air flowing!

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 22, 2005 - 06:14 AM

They should make this question a sticky!!

• Derekj426

Posted March 22, 2005 - 06:34 AM

I wonder how many threads would popup if you did a search on this... Its totally normal, just go enjoy your bike with the FMF setup :)

• fatboyrv

Posted March 22, 2005 - 06:48 AM

hey derek i just bought a 01 426 do you have any thing you want to sale ?

• Jeremiah

Posted March 22, 2005 - 06:48 AM

I recommend not touching it at that point!

• fastenuf4u

Posted March 22, 2005 - 08:46 AM

I wonder how many threads would popup if you did a search on this... Its totally normal, just go enjoy your bike with the FMF setup :)

Ask and ye shall receive!!!

Search Results

This is also only searching on a few of the key words, you could look up "cherry" or something like that and get a lot more.

• grayracer513

Posted March 22, 2005 - 09:42 AM

They should make this question a sticky!!

It is on the 250F forum :)

The trouble is, a lot of people don't read it. :)

• portlandchamp

Posted March 22, 2005 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the help everyone.. Looks like this is a common question. Now I know how to search for past posts..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sanpedro426

Posted March 22, 2005 - 11:09 AM

welcome and have fun with this website/tool. :)

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 22, 2005 - 03:41 PM

There is a search button in the top right corner of the screen (scroll alllllll the way up). :)

• mayday

Posted March 22, 2005 - 03:58 PM

OH OH!! Did not no this phenomena existed! So I ran out to the garage cranked her up and sure enough the header started to glow bright red. Scared me so I tore down the motor with 10 hours on it (04 yzf450).
Just messing the glowing header is NORMAL!!!!!! :)

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted March 29, 2005 - 12:55 PM

:naughty: Perfectly normal....

• sleeman

Posted March 29, 2005 - 12:58 PM

Yep perfectly normal.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 29, 2005 - 01:01 PM

yea it works great to heat up hotdogs and marshmellows :naughty:

• sanpedro426

Posted March 29, 2005 - 01:06 PM

My buddy lights his marlboro up with his. :naughty:

• ovrrdrive

Posted March 29, 2005 - 02:43 PM

This is actually a legitimate question... It does get asked a lot, but just because everyone has seen it doesn't mean it should just be dismissed.

Last night I took my carb apart and tinkered with it a little then put it back on the bike and cranked her up. Within a minute or so the exhaust was bright red; brighter than I have ever seen it before.

Then I ran the bike and it was popping and running like shit so I brought it back into the garage. While i wiped away a few drops of antifreeze that spilled out, I pondered the problem for a bit and narrowed it down to the hotstart that didn't feel right. After taking it apart again, I discovered the hot start was stuck open somehow.

I fixed it then cranked it back up. It ran a bunch better, and only glowed a pale orange instead of bright red.

Big difference.

Before just yelling at these guys, at least make sure they check the obvious things first. :naughty:

• Ga426owner

Posted March 30, 2005 - 06:55 AM

This is actually a legitimate question... It does get asked a lot, but just because everyone has seen it doesn't mean it should just be dismissed.

Last night I took my carb apart and tinkered with it a little then put it back on the bike and cranked her up. Within a minute or so the exhaust was bright red; brighter than I have ever seen it before.

Then I ran the bike and it was popping and running like shit so I brought it back into the garage. While i wiped away a few drops of antifreeze that spilled out, I pondered the problem for a bit and narrowed it down to the hotstart that didn't feel right. After taking it apart again, I discovered the hot start was stuck open somehow.

I fixed it then cranked it back up. It ran a bunch better, and only glowed a pale orange instead of bright red.

Big difference.

Before just yelling at these guys, at least make sure they check the obvious things first. :naughty:

agreed then get the hotdogs and marshmellows..... :naughty:

• Jeremiah

Posted March 30, 2005 - 06:57 AM

There's fire in there, boy!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.