Big Gun for XR650L ????

5 replies to this topic
  • ChiefBDT

Posted March 21, 2005 - 10:22 PM

I have been checking and have been told that Big Gun Quiet Series is no longer being made for my XRL??? What other brand do you guys think I should go with? I'm looking for something relatively quiet, is a slip on but will give me better performance than the stock exhaust. If this isn't true, please post the best place to buy the Big Gun Quiet Series Slip on for my bike.
Thanks Guys,
ChiefBDT

• justicedone

Posted March 21, 2005 - 11:23 PM

I have heard the big guns werent being produced for XRL's anymore but not certain.

I love the look and features of the overpriced FMF Q2 series slip on. And you can add the powerbomb later for more Umphhhh.

The white bros is nice to with an insert. But the Q series FMF (1 or 2) is ready to go to National Park trails outta da box.

• bigtom17

Posted March 22, 2005 - 09:37 AM

I have the Big Gun on my XR650R and I think its crap anyway. Why does it appeal to you. Outside of a cool name it fits like crap and blows air out of every rivet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted March 22, 2005 - 09:59 AM

I have the Big Gun on my XR650R and I think its crap anyway. Why does it appeal to you. Outside of a cool name it fits like crap and blows air out of every rivet.

I have to agree, the Big Gun leaks. I got it with my XRL when I bought it used. Since it was the race series I got this vortex insert to make it a lil more quiet. That even incresed the leaking on the rivets and fitting in the rear because of the additional pressure buildup.

Otherwise its ok, and with the insert its even noise wise acceptable.

Det

• bigtom17

Posted March 23, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Where my pipe fit the header. the clamp wouldnt work. Big gun diameter was too big. I had o modifiy the pipe and use a steel Auto muffler clamp to get enough torque to get a seal. I sent many a email and left messages about the lack of clamp in ship kit and the breathing rivet holes. Nobody ever responded. The pipes are the same for quiet and race, its just the core that changes. Like I say, they are flying on a cool name, but thats about it.

• roadcam

Posted March 23, 2005 - 09:49 AM

my Supertrapp IDS2 is pretty quiet, and very well constructed, very good fit ... I doubt if it adds much power, I think others are better that way, but it is quite a bit lighter, and much better looking .. but it is a more affordable pipe, too ...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.