05 WR450 Seal Saver Install

5 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted March 21, 2005 - 02:20 PM

Could anyone let me now what is the easiest/best way to install a pair Seal Savers on a 05 WR?

• mountainriderWR400F

Posted March 21, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Remove the forks , and remove the fork guard and slider holder and make sure everything is clean and that the seal is freshly lubed and install seal saver over the top of fork and reinstall parts torque to spec and enjoy.

• backinthedirt

Posted March 21, 2005 - 04:46 PM

Get a pair of Shocksox's, (krewmx.com) they wrap around the forks and attach with velcro. They are made of wet suit material. You can pull them off at any time and wash them. No fork disassembly required! I've had them on my KTM and never have any dirt in the seal area. Just my two cents...........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mountainriderWR400F

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:06 PM

Get a pair of Shocksox's, (krewmx.com) they wrap around the forks and attach with velcro. They are made of wet suit material. You can pull them off at any time and wash them. No fork disassembly required! I've had them on my KTM and never have any dirt in the seal area. Just my two cents...........

I will have to check them out myself what has been the downfall with them if any? would save some time on maintenance

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:14 PM

Get a pair of Shocksox's, (krewmx.com) they wrap around the forks and attach with velcro...

Wow, thanks for the link! I have a new pair of sealsavers for ym WR, but really like the Shock Soxs instead! :)

• backinthedirt

Posted March 21, 2005 - 08:25 PM

I will have to check them out myself what has been the downfall with them if any? would save some time on maintenance

I don't find any down fall at all. I remove them after every ride and throw them in the bucket of soapy water after I finish washing my bike. Lay them on the floor, flat, and the next day they are ready to put back on. I'll just guess, I have probably had mine on and off 30 or 40 times last year and they show no wear at all. They also allow me to pull my wiper out every now and then and place a little grease at the wiper joint. I don't have any interest in the company, it's just a good product that is easy to use. Pete :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.