New YZ450F

3 replies to this topic
  • Battman04

Posted March 21, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Uh Oh, little brother just bought a brand new YZ450F. Guess I will have to buy that roost protector and a new pair of goggles. Well, at least my 2005 WR450F has a head light. :) :)

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Batman, I have a buddy that bought a YZ450, and its not a good trail bike. Too tall of a first gear, ratio is close, so top speed is also reduced, especially with the 4 speed gearbox. Then if you gear it down for trails, then its too short on the top end. He went through a clutch is short order as he fanned it in tight stuff. But those bikes do rip!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 22, 2005 - 04:51 AM

He obviously has both 05 WR450 for trails and a 05 YZ450 for MX riding. :) Big Brother always gets to use all the toys! :p
Sweet set up too have both! :)

• Battman04

Posted March 22, 2005 - 08:40 AM

I was just acting a little jealous. Actually, I can't keep up with him on the trails anyway, because of my limited riding skills. :)
He is moving up from a '90ish Suzuki RM 250, so he is stoked. That bike was starting to fall apart piece by piece. Now, I won't be able to navigate the trails by following the white smoke clouds, but will not miss the headaches from breathing in his 2 stroke exhaust all day! HA!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.