Kickstarter slop

4 replies to this topic
  • R_Little

Posted March 21, 2005 - 08:40 AM

My '00 has developed quite a bit of slop in the kickstart "knuckle" joint.
I this an issue or can I leave it like that. If I leave it, will it break and strand me.

How best to fix it or must I replace it.

• tgodwin

Posted March 21, 2005 - 09:09 AM

Mine did the same. I pulled it apart and streched the spring behind the ball bearing. This helped a little, but I still ended up replacing it.

It is a bad thing to have the kick arm come swinging out while you are carving through the trees or taking a little air. It bit me on several occasions and I think falling pn it with your leg in the way may do some real damage. Bottom line replace it. I tried to get the BBR billet model from Thumper talk, but they no longer make it, had to get a stock arm. Works great, no worries.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted March 21, 2005 - 10:39 AM

Good points!!!

I'll replace. What did it cost you?

• tgodwin

Posted March 21, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Not cheap, like $75.

• Bamster

Posted March 21, 2005 - 03:12 PM

Mines a little slopy but it stays in.
Your making me worried.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.