Which years of wr450f are green sticker?

5 replies to this topic
  • bultaco

Posted March 20, 2005 - 08:07 PM

Were there years that were RED? Just say a 2003 for sale...said it was a Red sticker bike....Did they not become Green until the 2004 model year? Thanks for your help.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 20, 2005 - 08:33 PM

Were there years that were RED? Just say a 2003 for sale...said it was a Red sticker bike....Did they not become Green until the 2004 model year? Thanks for your help.

As of now, its only the 05. Now the earleir 426 and 400's were. Look at the 8th digit in the VIN, if its a letter "C" or a number "3", its red. I have an 04 WR450F and my 8th digit is a "W". :) How did I do that :) :p

• WheelsUp

Posted March 20, 2005 - 08:44 PM

Yup.
'05 WR450 only. All other '05 YZ and WR are red.
All YZ and WR for '03 and '04 are red.
All bikes prior to '03 are accepted as green.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweek

Posted April 18, 2005 - 10:12 PM

I have an '03 WR450 Canadian. The VIN's eight digit is not a "C" or "3." One DMV told me I would get a Green sticker. Another said they didn't know. I heard the AQMD reveiws and sends a nasty gram to the owner even aftrer DMV issues a Green sticker. OH by the way do any of you work for the BLM? Cause I ride red..

• bottomfeeder2

Posted April 19, 2005 - 01:50 PM

I've run into more than one sheriff (L.A. County up at Goreman and Kern County at Dove Springs) who checks the VIN in addition to checking the sticker. They seem to know their bikes and know that the DMV didn't know what was going on when they first started issuing the green stickers. Both of the sheriffs told me that they write the tickets based on the VIN if it's stickered wrong.

• kurtdb1

Posted April 19, 2005 - 03:06 PM

my 99 WR400...green...01, 02 all green then 03 and 04 back to red, then back to green for 05

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.