Free Mods

No replies to this topic
  • Westy89

Posted March 20, 2005 - 06:37 PM

I just bought a 05 450, first ride today and dig the bike alot. A buddy of mine referred me to this site to get tips for setup. I noticed that every one keeps talking about doing the "free mods" first. What exactly are these mods? So far I unscrewed (no rivots, my pipe has 3mm hex screws holding on the tip :-) ) and took out the little silenencer pipes but left the cyclindrical screen thing. Was this good to do? It makes it sound better, i havent ridden with it like this yet. If i leave it, do i need to adjust my carb? I have also heard that you can cut a gray wire somewhere to let it rev higher?? Also, heard you can open up the air box, true???

any info helps,, thanks.

Westy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.