The dreaded Bog

5 replies to this topic
  • dirtr1der

Posted March 20, 2005 - 06:02 PM

Any other WR 400/426 owners have the dreaded bog when you stab the throttle right off idle.

My bike is jetted right and runs near perfect. No problems starting, fouling plugs or running too lean and whitening the plug tips. It just bogs when I open the throttle too quickly off idle. I was told it was an accelerator pump problem that some of the older (before 2003) bikes have.

Any suggestions on how to fix this???? Mine is a 2002.

• Atlasrider

Posted March 20, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Same deal on my 04 WR450, runs clean, runs strong full range from bottom to top end. Just can't open the throttle really fast from off idle. I have a smaller leak jet on order, as suggested by JD. If it works I will post the results.

• Roosted

Posted March 20, 2005 - 07:01 PM

I don't have any experience with it but some are saying this Boysen Quickshot takes care of the bog. They say it's 100% guaranteed or your money back! :)

www.Boyesen.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRookie

Posted March 20, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Same deal on my 04 WR450, runs clean, runs strong full range from bottom to top end. Just can't open the throttle really fast from off idle. I have a smaller leak jet on order, as suggested by JD. If it works I will post the results.

It will work for you like it did for me and countless other TT members. If you absolutely have to spend $80-$90 to solve a $10 problem then by all means get the new trick pump cover.

ps. My YZ came with a #40LJ. There is no bog. If I snap the throttle open I get a good view of the sky. The #40 I put in the WR250F put an end to my double pump to get moving habit.

• clark4131

Posted April 01, 2005 - 04:18 PM

I've got the Boyesen Quickshot and a 40 leak jet, and I still can't just wick open the throttle from a dead idle without bogging/killing the engine. I am running a JD Red on #4, 168 Main, 45 Pilot with 1/2 a turn out on the fuel screw. All other jets are stock spec, and I'm at 4800' w/ 65 degrees and 40% humidity. I was running a 48 Pilot and the bog was worse. This tells me I'm not getting enough air, right? As far as exhaust goes, I'm running a Q2 and Powerbomb with a de-snorkeled airbox. My next move is to add some of the Uni Filter Vents in the cover. Perhaps I'm just not sucking enough air to match the exhaust de-restriction. Otherwise, the bike runs great, with not stumbling, hesitation, popping or anything else. Truthfully, I don't think I'll ever have a situation where I need to stab the throttle off idle, but damn it, 90% perfect just ain't enough for me, I want the whole enchilada :naughty: ...SC

• ncmountainman

Posted April 01, 2005 - 04:56 PM

try a 100 pilot air jet :naughty: and make sure your ap squirt duration is correct :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.