Ran into tree/ tweeked front end bad?

5 replies to this topic
  • markit

Posted March 20, 2005 - 03:26 PM

I bounced off a tree and ran dead into a tree on the other side of the trail,
it broke a few spokes and crushed the front fender tweeked the front end
really bad ( had to do the old bicycle trick) to get back going. What all should I check and how should i go about checking things like the axle, forks, clamps
I also noticed that it sheared the left staring stop off on the lower t clamp.lol :)

• "ReNeGaDe ReYnOLDs"

Posted March 20, 2005 - 03:38 PM

dam dude that blows

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:34 AM

If you need a lower triple clamp PM NCMountainman for an offer on his stock lower. He runs applied lower clamp. He also has stock forks for sale if you bent yours. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted March 21, 2005 - 01:01 PM

I just bought a set of upper and lower tripple clamps for an 01 wr426 off ebay. I haven't got them yet, just bought them for a spare set. If you are interested, will sell them on to you for what I paid for them.

• markit

Posted March 23, 2005 - 04:52 PM

Thanks ya'll I just loosened up everything and straitened it up. the clamps look good, it just tweeked it a good bit. I ordered al new Black plastice.

• DesertWR

Posted March 23, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I bounced off a tree and ran dead into a tree on the other side of the trail,
it broke a few spokes and crushed the front fender tweeked the front end
really bad ( had to do the old bicycle trick) to get back going. What all should I check and how should i go about checking things like the axle, forks, clamps
I also noticed that it sheared the left staring stop off on the lower t clamp.lol :)

They have trees in Louisiana? :) :p
Sorry for your misfortune. Make sure the neck on your bike isn't tweaked.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.