Fitting the Terraflex on XR650L

9 replies to this topic
  • justicedone

Posted March 20, 2005 - 02:17 PM

hey guys I am gonna need some rear rubber soon, and totally like the look and grip of the Terraflex.

I am looking for the adjustments/mods needed to fit on a 2003 XR650L and I am wondering how it lasts on street driving since I ride about 60 dirt 40 street. I am sure its gonna kick butt in dirt and sand.

Anyway ... if you run this tire please give your oppinion, and thanks for the time in advance.

***If you can post a good pic of your XRL wearing the Flex please do! Or a pic you have of anyones L model period...thx***

:)

you can get it here for $85 with free shipping !
http://www.onoffroad...ory_Code=chenmx

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 20, 2005 - 02:56 PM

You may need to remove the black chain-guard (it doesn't do anything except collect sticks anyway).
You may need to have a little wear on your chain- I've heard if the wheel is far forwards it canm rub the shock guard.
1500 miles on the street if you're not a slidin' wheelie-poppin' maniac.

Dave

• justicedone

Posted March 20, 2005 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Dave... I know you've been running one (right?) How have you liked it and would you buy again?

I got bout 1200 mi so I guess my chain has minimal wear I would think. I dont mind losing the chain guard and will buy this puppy next few paychecks...

Unfortunatly (nothing to do with this site or subject) I have a another habit and will be buying a few games for my Sony PSP, now that they are selling. I have had the import system since it came out in Japan in Dec. Its flippin amazing and cant wait for the MX games coming soon. I just bought 2 games this weekend, that could have paid for the Terraflex.

what was I thinking...shoot :)

• justicedone

Posted March 20, 2005 - 03:25 PM

found some sweet pics...wanted to post for anyone interested to behold the might of the TerraFlex monster...

http://www.intercoti...Flex2-large.jpg

http://dsawyer34.tripod.com/id8.html

• Xr650LMartin

Posted March 20, 2005 - 05:50 PM

I also want to put the teraflex on my 650l! What about the final gearing ratio with that big tall monster in the back?? I'm running 14/45 atm. I want to keep about the same ratio as 14/45 with stock tire. Is 14/48 the way to go??
Thanks! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shakeyhands

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:37 PM

found some sweet pics...wanted to post for anyone interested to behold the might of the TerraFlex monster...

http://www.intercoti...Flex2-large.jpg

http://dsawyer34.tripod.com/id8.html

Thats one sweet looking ride, I wonder though if the engine won't bog with all that meat on the back... I don't think I would want to get into a mud bog or soft sand with those... or am I wrong?

either way thats a sweet bike, I particularily like the looks of the back end with the TV set removed.

• RingKingPin

Posted March 21, 2005 - 08:06 PM

I run TFII's on my 650r and love them. They are the best all around tire for me. Why would you think you wouldn't want one in the sand or mud? :) They are damn near made specifically for these conditions. In the sand a new one with about 6-8lbs of air (yes you can run it that low, it's steel belted) feels pretty much like a paddle! You'll dredge trenches in deep water and mud with it. I weigh 230 wet and ride with a lot of gear and on woodsy trails I run it at 10-12 lbs. It's a great tire. You can buy them direct from Interco, ask for a guy named Boo. :)

Thats one sweet looking ride, I wonder though if the engine won't bog with all that meat on the back... I don't think I would want to get into a mud bog or soft sand with those... or am I wrong?

either way thats a sweet bike, I particularily like the looks of the back end with the TV set removed.

• RingKingPin

Posted March 21, 2005 - 08:08 PM

Sorry, I didn't see you were questioning the engine bogging. I guess you just need to give it more gas! One thing that is strange about the TFII is in deep ruts it wants to climb out and at high speeds 85+ it tends to wiggle a little bit.

• vcpowerwagon

Posted March 21, 2005 - 08:20 PM

I was going to ask, who has the best price for the Terra Flex?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 23, 2005 - 07:17 AM

Yes, I've got another 'flex ready to mount!

Dave

PS its worth about 1 front spkt tooth in gearing!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.