Best Exhaust for XR650L???

5 replies to this topic
  • ChiefBDT

Posted March 20, 2005 - 09:46 AM

I want to change out my stock exhaust for something that will give me more performance. I've already upgraded the air filter & will be re jetting the carb.

It's been suggested that I go with the "Big Gun" slip on race silencer with a vortex insert". However, I'm open to any suggestions. I would like it to be relatively quiet and would perfer the "Slip On" type. Please give me your comments and where to buy it.

Thanks in advance,
ChiefBDT

• justicedone

Posted March 20, 2005 - 01:57 PM

The big gun is nice...you could go with the Quiet one and not have to do the vortex insert, and most likely rangers wont bug you once they see what pipe it is. I also like the FMF Q2...it looks hella cool. Another good ones the White Bros with a insert. But from pics I seen and what I read...seems its very close to turn signal and melting stuff.

I am still waiting to afford a good pipe and jet/air filter mods. But I am leaning towards the FMF Q2

:)

• justicedone

Posted March 20, 2005 - 01:58 PM

good thing about the fmf is also you can upgrade to the powerbomb header later and get anouther few hp.

:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mountainrider

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:02 PM

Dirtbike pipes are loud even when they are queit ones.I tried them and now I am running a Yosh streetbike can.It is a lot better.Nice mellow sound that will not upset the neighbors.Just had to pick up a pipe reducer at the local auto parts store.Used can and reducer less than 250.00. :)

• mgs781

Posted March 21, 2005 - 06:02 PM

I love the new Q2 look, I will be trying one out soon.

• truck6driver

Posted March 21, 2005 - 07:35 PM

If you get the "Q" make sure you get the 1.5 turn down insert. The 2" is still too loud for some AMA events with a db. level set at 96db. I have one on my 94' XR650L. did not pass the first time. I had to stuff the pipe with steel wool. It worked for the sound test but promptly blew out the first time I pinned the throttle.
RH

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.