Odometer seal, WR450, 03

3 replies to this topic
  • Ernie_Taylor

Posted March 20, 2005 - 07:06 AM

Anyone know a aftermarket part number for the odomater hub seal on a WR450, 2003, should be the same as the 2004.

When I took mine off the only ID on the seal was S000. I tryed to order a new one from the dealer and was told that I would need to order the hole odometer hub. I don't think so, I hope.

• RichBaker

Posted March 20, 2005 - 11:43 AM

I don't see a seal on the odo hub side, so the dealer may be correct....do you really need the seal? I've never seen one go bad. You might be able to take it to a bearing shop and have thm match it up to one....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ernie_Taylor

Posted March 20, 2005 - 11:53 AM

Not sure if I realy need one or not, I just like to replace things like that every now and then. I do get alot of dirt in there so I just thought it would be smart to replace the seal.

I will have to take my front wheel off again and take the seal in to match up with an after market one.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:46 AM

I get all my seals from a place in Indy called Metric Seals they have every metric seal you can think of. Get me the mm dimensions O.D. x I.D. x width and you can find their info on the web. I think it is www.Metric-Seals.com going by memory. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.