dual sport brake switch

7 replies to this topic
  • Rick_Graham

Posted October 26, 2000 - 07:25 AM

If anyone has the ability to post a picture of how they mounted there brake switch I would really appreciate it. I have a DSC kit and can't find an acceptable location.

• Steve_Morgan

Posted October 26, 2000 - 10:16 AM

I used a Baja Designs hydraulic rear brake switch. Very clean installation. http://www.bajadesigns.com/

• endo

Posted October 26, 2000 - 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Steve Morgan:
I used a Baja Designs hydraulic rear brake switch. Very clean installation. http://www.bajadesigns.com/

Hydraulic switches are also available through your local KTM dealer. They replace the banjo bolt and work flawlessly.

• Kermit

Posted October 26, 2000 - 07:02 PM

Rick, the Baja Designs hydro switch is very easy to install just take off the banjo fitting, put the switch in, bleed the brakes (the hardest part) then wire it up. I ran the hot wire (I beleive is the yellow one not sure....I have to check) to the switch, then from the switch to pig tail...you'll see it coming from the wiring harness. Mine had the right bulb too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rick_Graham

Posted October 27, 2000 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for the info on the baja designs hydraulic brake switch. I currently have two pull type brake switches with the correct connections for the wiring harness that came with the DSC kit and if somebody has successfully installed one, I really need to pick their brain.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted April 27, 2004 - 06:32 AM

I would say just get the hydraulic switch. No springs or anything to worry about. I got my K&S switch for $17 at a shop in town and hooked it up in about a half hour (including pulling off the seat/tank and bleeding the brake line and putting everything back togeather.)

• ColdChillin

Posted April 27, 2004 - 07:41 AM

Wish I could help, but I too installed the hydraulic brake switches. I got mine from 4strokesonly.com

Posted April 28, 2004 - 01:39 PM

Did anyone check out the original date of this post? I think the response is a little late. BTW hydraulic is the only way to go . :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.