Davis and Montclair Yamaha wins Baja 500!

3 replies to this topic
  • Husky_Forever

Posted March 18, 2005 - 08:43 PM

I wonder now that KTM has shown Honda someone else can win a Score race, if Yamaha will return too? KTM has stepped up to the plate and won. SF is by far the roughest race of the treee race series for bikes. Ty Davis could win hands down in baja as he does in D37 and BITD. It would be great to see Yamaha's in Class 22, 30, 40 and 50. They are already in Class 21 and Sportsman < 250 and > 250 in Score. What would it take to get Yamaha down to Baja again? Just thinking blue. :) Steny

• moleculo

Posted March 19, 2005 - 08:09 AM

SCORE races are much more truck/buggy oriented. The race courses aren't nearly as safe & well marked as BITD courses. After what happened to Danny Hamel I think the big factory teams (other than Honda) don't feel it's worth it. Hopefully that'll change someday. It's good to see JC & Henge get knocked off their high-horse for once.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Husky_Forever

Posted March 19, 2005 - 09:36 AM

The fast guys in either Score or BITD don't need to worry about trucks/buggy's. The slower guys and weekend racers just deal with them in both series. Baja has something Nevada doesn't. I mean besides booby traps and such. It has flair. And time honored tradition and bragging rights. But both series cater to the truck teams more than bikes. I mean really, who has the biggest budgets? Steny

• Husky_Forever

Posted March 22, 2005 - 10:26 PM

71 views. Any takers? Steny :)

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.