CA Emissions Block off Kit

4 replies to this topic
  • davidgalyon

Posted March 18, 2005 - 04:51 PM

Alright, I installed my new tank after installing the block off kit only to find that the block off kit was leaking exhaust. :) I fired up the pig and wouldn't you know it. So I pulled it apart again, and instead of using a "light" application of hi-temp silicon like the directions said, I loaded it.
Man I hope this works.
Anyone else install the xr650 block off kit and have the same problems?

• qadsan

Posted March 18, 2005 - 05:13 PM

Which kit did you get? Did your block off plate have two cylinders on it to fill the holes or was it just a triangular plate that covered the opening?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lrutt

Posted March 19, 2005 - 01:41 PM

I made my own out of a couple pieces of AL. I made sure to keep the stock gaskets in there though. No problems, didn't even use any goop to keep it from leaking either. I'd say you need to put the gaskets back in.

• justicedone

Posted March 20, 2005 - 01:54 PM

I bought the IMS kit from Baja Designs and didnt have any problems on my 03XRL.
I just put a descent amount of high temp black silicone and torqued them down. There were no stock gaskets on my motor.
good luck..should be fine.

• davidgalyon

Posted March 21, 2005 - 11:42 AM

I bought the IMS block off kit. What a rip off, I should have made my own with a gringer and a piece of steel! Oh well, its sealed now and I am good, just needed a butt-load of silicon on there.

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.