95 or higher unleaded gas?

22 replies to this topic
  • hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted March 22, 2005 - 10:12 AM

i was told that the main problem running lead gas is it softens up the hardened seats, causing problems, by sofeting em up. if the seats were soft it wouldnt be a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted March 22, 2005 - 01:51 PM

i can get 100 at the pumps in nevada.. :)

• Dan_from_HB

Posted March 22, 2005 - 05:46 PM

Lead shouldn't react with titanium. The reason you don't want to use it in cars is lead will cover the platinum catalyst in catalitic converters. I don't think it even reacts with the platinum... just covers it.
But hey... chemestry was a long time ago so I could be wrong.

I don't think it's the ti valves that are the problem. I think it's the seats. I do know that Honda has used stellite seats for about 15-20 years. Lead kills stellite. There's a good chance that is the issue with the Yamaha motor and leaded fuel also.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.