will paddle work on 19" w/my '02 426 size?

4 replies to this topic
  • Smokey123

Posted March 17, 2005 - 09:59 PM

My friend just got an 18" rear wheel with paddle on his '04 yz450. I noticed he has no clearance between the tire and the rear swing arm. I was going to get a back-up wheel and put a paddle on it, but wanted to get a 19" wheel just like my stock wheel. If I do this is the paddle going to hit my rear swing are and shock?

Thanks in advance.

Also if you know anyone selling a rear wheel that would fit my bike let me know.

Posted March 17, 2005 - 10:10 PM

just have a chain that is like 2 links longer than your normal chain that you can use with the paddle. i have a 110/90-19 paddle on mine and it is really close, actually, im pretty sure it rubs a little bit but it doesnt hurt my paddle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Smokey123

Posted March 18, 2005 - 08:28 AM

How much is a chain that is longer?

Posted March 18, 2005 - 08:22 PM

the same price as any other chain. some chains come as 120 links and then you have to shorten it as i had to do with mine but others you can order whatever size you want. i was told not to get an expensive o-ring chain for the sand because the sand will just eat up the chain. so just get a decent chain either 116 links or 120 and shorten it up to whatever size you want.

• Math

Posted March 19, 2005 - 06:44 PM

Watch for your mudflap.... mine was a little bit in the way and got destroyed while I was riding :)

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.