got a small leak

5 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted March 17, 2005 - 09:53 PM

I have a small leak comming from the front bottom area of my motor. It is like a drip a week if that when the bike is sitting, It is draining onto my skid plate ans i have not taken it off yet to see wha the deal is. Just checking to see if any of you have had something like this happen or if this sounds fimiliar. It is not comming form the breather hose i assure you.

Thanks for the help.

• 450_James

Posted March 17, 2005 - 11:11 PM

What kind of fluid?

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 18, 2005 - 01:53 AM

It may be the oil seal on the water pump drive shaft leaking through the weep hole. It may also be from the countershaft oil seal behind the sprocket. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted March 18, 2005 - 04:43 AM

Is it a slow leak from the frame plug? it will run down to that area.

• snmhanson

Posted March 18, 2005 - 05:04 AM

I had oil leaking from the right oil hose where it connects to the oil pump. I think I had the bolt cranked down too tight and the adjacent o-ring wasn't seated correctly. I replaced the o-ring and was more careful about the torque on the bolt and it hasn't leaked since.

• lewichris

Posted March 18, 2005 - 02:51 PM

yes it si oil, and those are great things to check out. I will keep you all posted.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.