ride stonyford 29th oct.

19 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 25, 2000 - 09:47 PM

Howard&mike&mike ifound out i can go sunday the 29th lets do stonyford? won't to meet at bill&kathy I-5 7;00am?
monty

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted October 25, 2000 - 02:01 PM

Monty,

I can do it. earlier the better. I have to back on the rode to Sac by 2pm. Dinner with family. Why don't we all meet a little earlier. Stage at that campground where we first all met. That is a great place to get going. I would like to be riding by 830 am to get as many hours in as possible. I'll get hold of John and my next door neighbor who just bought my bike will go. Let me know how you all want to go about it.

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 25, 2000 - 03:25 PM

Ok Mike we will meet at digger pines[little stony] on you maps,8;30 am everbody eat were you want for breakfast we can be on the trail by 9;00to9;30am i just check weather and it should be geart ridding they say rain sat. showers sunday.
monty

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted October 26, 2000 - 09:51 PM

Hi Monty,
I can't ride this weekend since my brother will be down from Oregon. I'd wish I was going though. Count me in for the next ride.

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted October 26, 2000 - 10:18 AM

Monty,

If is pouring rain, I don't know if I will go. If clear ok. How are the trails after a new recent rain. I am sure fantastic. Lets make sure we keep in touch over the weekend for this ride weather permitting. Is the stagging area you are speaking of the one off of the dirt rode that we originally stopped. I believe the campground was closed, yet we stagged there anyway. Please confirm.

Thanks

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 26, 2000 - 02:12 PM

Yes mike [in roseville] that is the camp ground[digger pine] ok on the rain,the trails are bitchen after a rain i have ridden them with snow on them up high and rianing down low we will keep in touch up to sat.night so we know how is going or not.
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 26, 2000 - 02:41 PM

Monty, Snow level is supposed to be down to six thousand feet hopefully we will get to experience snow on top that makes for a great time. Rain gear a must, better to be to warm than too cold.I've never staged at Digger Pines, where is the turn off after you exit I-5 at Maxwell? I hope to make it. Will know more later. I plan on getting my wife a TTR125L before Thanksgiving weekend my local Yamie dealer says he is getting 10 of them in in about a weeks time this should allow her to get a little trail time before then. I hope our wives will enjoy riding together, the suspense is killing me!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 26, 2000 - 03:37 PM

Howard call me for diction to digger pine, at work 707-446-4066
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 27, 2000 - 09:30 PM

Howard you can e-mail me with your phone no# and i will call you with diction to digger pine.Hope you can make it.
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 27, 2000 - 01:26 PM

Monty, If you are as excited as I am about riding Sunday... I feel like a kid with a new bicycle. Just a thought I could pick you up in the morning if you are planning on heading up Sunday. E-mail me at hdyamaha@aol.net and we can exchange phone #'s.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Howard_Huge

Posted October 27, 2000 - 02:36 PM

Mike in Roseville, Hope to see you Sunday is John from Granite bay going? Hope to see you all there rain or shine. How well does your next door neighbor ride is this his first bike? My dads going to get his KLX300 muddy as well. See you Sunday...

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted October 27, 2000 - 04:03 PM

Have not heard from John . I will keep attempting to get hold of him. My neighbor can shred with the best. Good rider. Look forward to a great day. The only way I am not going is a downpour, which I heard is not going to happen, so we should see you there.

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 28, 2000 - 02:26 PM

HOWARD I LOST YOUR PHONE NO# CALL ME
MONTY

• Al_in_Sacto

Posted October 29, 2000 - 08:45 AM

Does anyone in the greater Sacramento area have a stock header pipe and spark arrestor I could borrow or buy? '99 WR400.

The prior owner put an aftermarket exhaust system that is not spark arrestable (Procircuit 304). I just bought the bike and want to ride Foresthill next weekend.

Thanks in advance

Al

• Howard_Huge

Posted October 29, 2000 - 05:34 PM

Monty,Dan,Mike,and friends, I just wanted to say I had a great time Sunday. Thanks for showing up and making it the ride of the year to date for me. I really enjoyed the sloppy conditions and was surprised with the low # of soil sampling.Monty thanks for the hospitality and the trail guide services once again were great. Mike it seemed as though your katoom ran great you were always right there dicing for the lead very impressive. Dan thanks for letting me try the 650 for me it would take a little getting used to but man does that thing pull hard off the bottom!

content until
next time, Huge

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted October 30, 2000 - 05:33 AM

Nothing like a little rain and snow to make a great day. I to was surprised by the lack of soil sampling. Most of the soil was just thrown into our face and chest by the spray of Howard's YZ. It was a great ride, I only wish Dan and I could have stayed a little longer. Trail god "Monty" thx again for the services. I to look forward to the next ride .

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 30, 2000 - 09:19 AM

Good time guys, man you guys need to see howard dad ride 65 years young and gets it on this guy went up one of the muddits wetis longest hill there on his kaw, all the younger guys had trouble on this hill and here he was just geting it on.Look forward to the next ride,thanks howard,mike,dan,and the others.
monty

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 30, 2000 - 09:22 AM

Originally posted by monty wilson:
Good time guys, man you guys need to see howard dad ride 65 years young and gets it on this guy went up one of the muddits wetis longest hill there on his kaw, all the younger guys had trouble on this hill and here he was just geting it on.Look forward to the next ride,thanks howard,mike,dan,and the others.
monty

p.s howard post the pics of sunday ride

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 30, 2000 - 03:12 PM

Monte thanks for the pep talk I realy had a great ride. stoneford is just the Greatest area and the company was great. Looking to the next time I get invited. Jim SLOW

• Howard_Huge

Posted October 30, 2000 - 06:55 PM

I've heard of SLOW GIN but not of any SLOW JIMS :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.