Posted March 17, 2005 - 07:46 PM

Howdy All,

Anyone have any experience with a Corbin seat for the XRL? Long
distance comfort, quality, etc?

On the Corbin website, it mentions the design of the seat will lower
the seat height for the rider. At 5'8" & 32" inseam, I need all the
help I can get when I buy my XR650L.

I'm tentatively considering a Corbin seat, lowering links and raising
the fork tubes to lower the XRL's tall seat height for me.

Any thoughts?

• CrackiN

Posted March 18, 2005 - 08:10 AM

We shaved about 2 inches out of the foam on my brothers XR650R and he installed the kuba link and the lowered the triple clamps...I would say that he got about 4.5 to 5" inches....Taking tension out of the rear shock will help some too....We understand the vertical challange...

• peachvw

Posted March 25, 2005 - 10:44 PM

What is the standard seat height?
Ive found one locally cheap and might go and have a look (fatal!)

• Hayden

Posted March 25, 2005 - 11:03 PM

My used L came with a Corbin. I really like it. It seems to fit a bit tight with the Clarke tank though. Anyway I am 5'10" and I still have to stand on my toes.

Hayden

94 L

• Jeephoto

Posted March 25, 2005 - 11:36 PM

What is the standard seat height?
Ive found one locally cheap and might go and have a look (fatal!)

On the Honda website, it lists the seat height at 37" (inches).

Brand new on the showroom floor, it is very tall for me. But I rode a friend's '97 XR650L and I could put one foot down with just the ball of my foot. I rode OK, but I would like it a little lower for more comfort and control. I don't mind giving up a little ground clearance or suspension travel.

I've gotten responses on another site suggesting shaving the seat foam, lowering links and sliding up the fork tubes. I'm thinking that is the way I will go when I get my XRL.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cyclenut51

Posted March 27, 2005 - 05:21 AM

I had a '93 that I put the Corbin seat on - it was wayyyy more comfortable for sit-down (street) riding. As for the height reduction, it helped somewhat, except that it is much wider than stock, though mostly toward the rear of the bike. I enjoyed it with my 31" inseam. :)

• dhreaves

Posted August 08, 2009 - 01:40 PM

My used L came with a Corbin. I really like it. It seems to fit a bit tight with the Clarke tank though. Anyway I am 5'10" and I still have to stand on my toes.

Hayden

94 L

What size Clarke tank is that?

• Old Dog

Posted August 08, 2009 - 03:03 PM

Here's my 2¢ on the Corbin seat ...

I've been running one for the past three years on my XRL, the pluses are that it's very comfortable. The minuses are that it weighs a ton (it has a heavy steel seat pan instead of a plastic one like the stock seat), it takes a loooooong time to break in and the fitment with aftermarket tanks and rear fenders isn't great. When I put my Maier fender on I had to grind/file/sand two half inch grooves for the rear shoulders of the seat as well as bore out the seat bolt holes and even after that it's still a biatch to get on.

If I had to do it over again I'd either get a Renazco or modify the stock seat. :thumbsup:

• dhreaves

Posted August 10, 2009 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the reply - Thats the 4.7 tank.

• Old Dog

Posted August 10, 2009 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for the reply - Thats the 4.7 tank.

Yes it is. :thumbsup:

• ThaGipper

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:16 PM

I've got the Clarke 4.7 gallon tank and a Corbin seat. Best combo I could ever wish for. The seat is tight against the tank, which in my opinion is a good thing as the gap between the seat and the tanks is very smooth with little leg rub. I find the tank's shape combined with the shape of the seat make it so I can tuck my knees against the tank when doing steep downhill turns. Very comfortable on long rides. I rode a stock XRL the other day and forgot how crappy the stock seat is. The stock seat makes your hips hurt. The Corbin is by far, unequivocally, hands down, the best mod on my bike.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.