I have a 400 will i like the 450?

3 replies to this topic
  • markit

Posted March 17, 2005 - 05:50 PM

I have a 99 yz400f and have been racing enduros on a KTM 450exc. I like the handling of the 400 better and have always liked Yamahas better as far as off road but I'm worried about the extra 50ccs as I know the KTM 450 is just
a little to much in the woods and know that the Yam motor disgin is by nature
more powerful. I'm a B class leader level rider so I dont need the (power trip) but would honestly like to hear some actual racers/riders thoughts as i would like to try the YZWR with the (free moads).

• yzf450jack

Posted March 17, 2005 - 08:08 PM

The yz 450 handles better than the 400 The 450 is NOT a good woods bike :) 4 speed make's it kinda tuff :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markit

Posted March 18, 2005 - 04:32 AM

My bad, I was thinking of the yz450wr and I hear in stock form it is fairly detuned but I guess Im going to bite the bullet and get one. It also looks like I asked this in the wrond forum,Mod can you move it to the WR forum?

• yz400fl1

Posted March 18, 2005 - 07:00 AM

Oops just saw your edited post.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.