Hot Start Cable slack

5 replies to this topic
  • kxmike87

Posted March 17, 2005 - 07:56 AM

My friend has a yz450 04' and he has the cable adjusted all the way to tighten the slack and the cable is still loose. is it just the cable stretched or what could be wrong. we were suppose to go riding and he calls me up telling me what happened so if any help can be given so we can fix it and go ride tomorrow. havent rode in 2 months and its killin me :) :)

• grayracer513

Posted March 17, 2005 - 09:43 AM

If it's like mine, it has an adjuster at both ends. It's possible the plastic nut that holds the plunger in the carb could be broken. I would pop the tank off and examine the whole cable, removing the plunger to inspect.

• kxmike87

Posted March 17, 2005 - 12:22 PM

If it's like mine, it has an adjuster at both ends. It's possible the plastic nut that holds the plunger in the carb could be broken. I would pop the tank off and examine the whole cable, removing the plunger to inspect.

ur right thanx that plastic threads broke inside no its just a matter of finding one to replace it in time for tomorrow

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slappie

Posted March 17, 2005 - 12:35 PM

Where are you in Texas?

If you are near Dallas, you can call Motion Cycle Sports in Garland.

Their number is 214-503-6262. They usually have that kind of stuff in stock.

Good luck.

• kxmike87

Posted March 17, 2005 - 05:43 PM

nah not close to dallas. but who makes the metal fitting that replaces the stock plastic peice.

• kxmike87

Posted March 17, 2005 - 05:50 PM

nevermind found it Zip-Ty makes it
http://www.ziptyraci...CategoryID=3169
link incase some may need it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.