DVP#6 or DTM?

5 replies to this topic
  • Tree_Crippler

Posted October 24, 2000 - 02:20 PM

00 WR400 with 172MJ,45PJ,no baffle ,no airbox lid,UNI airfilter,stock exhaust,0-1000ft.

DVP#4 did not work well,front wheel stays on ground. DVP#5 front wheel comes off the ground a little better than DRS#3.

Should I go to DVP#6 or DTM#4? Thanks guys!!

• Clark_Mason

Posted October 24, 2000 - 05:53 PM

For your riding altitude I would suggest a 48PJ with the fuel screw set between 1.25 and 1.75 turns out, a DVP #5 and a minimum of a 172MJ.

If you want more snap and associated rear wheel spin (ie wheelie power) at the expense of linear controled response then try one of the E** needles James Dean and myself have been experimenting with.

Good Luck and keep us posted

Clark

• Tree_Crippler

Posted October 25, 2000 - 03:52 AM

I race Enduros and H/S in the east (NY/PA) so I'm trying to stay away from the wheelspin. I'm trying to clean up the jetting, keep WR timing and see if I can make it without a flywheel weight. I have no problems at the H/S its the big rockslide and mud hills in the Enduros I have to be carefull on.

Switching the pilotjet was a big improvement and it could go bigger. James was suggesting DVP then DTM so I wondered how far I should go before changing needles again. I think the needle part could use a
little improvement.

All you guys have been a great help making a good bike perfect!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted October 25, 2000 - 06:54 AM

Stay with the DVP#5. It is a very good combination for all around and keeping wheelspin in check. Work the pilot/pilot screw for close to idle and main jet for full throttle.

James

• Tree_Crippler

Posted October 26, 2000 - 04:22 AM

There is one place I race that is a Motocross track hooked to a grasstrack and I would rejet to race it.

Pilot jet48 and bigger on the MJ. The DVP is the way to go for Enduros, just isn't worth the YZ timing until I get to a higher level. These eastern woods can be brutal.

• WTR

Posted October 27, 2000 - 04:51 AM

I have a 00 WR400 and was wondering if anyone has tried stroker racings recomendations which is a 50 pj and a 180 main. Sound too fat for me. Curious though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.