94 600R Valve Adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • Burnrider

Posted March 16, 2005 - 06:09 PM

I searched all 12 of the pages for info on valve adjustment.
Is there a mag article or a FAQ on how-to that is specific to the 98 600r? If it is the same as adjusting the 650 XR I saw the mag article link posted by needsprayer I can use.

• XR6's_rule

Posted March 17, 2005 - 01:59 AM

It would be the same as the XR650R except the XR600 has four separate rocker arms while the 650 has the twin forked ones. The only real trick is to get the engine just past TDC when the auto decomp is not activated, otherwise you'll end up with the wrong clearance on the RHS exhaust valve. Good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Burnrider

Posted March 17, 2005 - 03:29 PM

Thank you Mark.

I am guessing that I can turn it precisely with a T handle on a socket. The best thing to do is remove the spark plug turn it slowly. If the auto decomp makes a click or a snap, I would go around again to the second complete revolution. I'll read that mag article and see if that firms up the process.

• Dual_Dog

Posted March 17, 2005 - 09:46 PM

You'll know when you're at TDC. Remove the side case cover plugs so you can find the timing marks on the flywheel. Look for the "line" and the "T".

Remove the (seat & tank) plug, take off the rocker arm covers, and rotate the crank counter clockwise and watch the rocker arms. Not a hard process at all with the old RVFC motors. :)

• Burnrider

Posted March 18, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.