Color Schemes

29 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 10, 2005 - 09:54 PM

I just ordered my black clarke tank and flame graphics from Graphics MX. Hopefully by next weekend I should have a new look. Cant wait. I will see if I can get setup to post pics.

• WheelsUp

Posted April 10, 2005 - 10:02 PM

Black tank... yikes! I have trouble seeing the fuel level in my WR's blue tank.

• ISBB

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:03 PM

its a 4 stroke i usually judge it by hours.. :naughty: lets see i have been riding for about 4 hours now... I think its time to start making my way back to camp for some gas.. :naughty: the longest ride was 5.5 hrs on one tank... :D i was on fumes when i got back but it was great..

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 11, 2005 - 07:24 PM

Black tank... yikes! I have trouble seeing the fuel level in my WR's blue tank.

/ Take the gas cap off and look. Its not that hard. :naughty: Hell ,its not like I can see the levels from the outside now.

• Gadsen

Posted April 11, 2005 - 08:01 PM

/ Take the gas cap off and look. Its not that hard. :naughty: Hell ,its not like I can see the levels from the outside now.

I think he was reffering to looking inside. My grandsons KTM has a black tank and its pretty tough to see the fuel on the inside with the cap off. I have never been able to look where my fuel was from the outside of my blue tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted April 11, 2005 - 09:16 PM

I think he was reffering to looking inside. My grandsons KTM has a black tank and its pretty tough to see the fuel on the inside with the cap off. I have never been able to look where my fuel was from the outside of my blue tank.

Yup. And of course, when I stop to check, I always happen to park in such a way that my head or visor cast a shadow on the opening, and as bright as the sun is out here in California, you can't see ANYTHING in the shadows for an hour after looking across the desert :naughty:

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted April 12, 2005 - 05:25 AM

I'd do the black frame, all yellow plastics with retro graphics.

Exactly what I was gonna suggest. Thats what I plan for mine when the stock plastics start lookin alittle rough. I started out on a yellow Yamaha GT80 with black graphics, I think it would be cool as hell to have my wr made up like my first bike :naughty:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 12, 2005 - 08:30 PM

Yup. And of course, when I stop to check, I always happen to park in such a way that my head or visor cast a shadow on the opening, and as bright as the sun is out here in California, you can't see ANYTHING in the shadows for an hour after looking across the desert

My apologies. As usual I am a little slow on the draw. :naughty: Someday I will get up to speed. I didnt mean for that to come across as rude as it did either. Sorry for that too. Thanks for typing slow. :naughty:

• ISBB

Posted May 24, 2005 - 06:38 PM

black_n_blue_thumper you ever get pics of your bike w/ the new tank and graphics on it???

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 24, 2005 - 07:17 PM

Not yet, but I will tomorrow, hopefully. PM me with your email and I will send some over. I need to wash it, so I will snap some pics. It does look very sweet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.