YZF Seat Cushion

7 replies to this topic
  • twellis22

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:42 PM

Anyone have an idea on how to make the YZF seat more comfortable? It’s like sitting on wood.

Thanks

2003 YZ450F

• ThrakenH04

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:57 PM

Buy a new seat. there is soo little cusion that there is nothing that can really be done.

• yzf450jack

Posted March 16, 2005 - 04:44 PM

I pulled the cover off and on the inside pading I drilled lots of holes under side but not all the way threw now it's cushie :)

• Math

Posted March 16, 2005 - 08:04 PM

I'd buy a new foam and a gripper seat cover. I love Guts Racing foams but I've heard factory effex and SDGs are really good too. If you mostly trail ride, go with the soft ones. For seat covers, I'd go with the Factory effex B3... Great quality. Many other cies sell some: ceet, n-style, SDG... almost endless.

HTH

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vchssrider

Posted March 17, 2005 - 04:24 AM

I hae installed the SDG seat on my bike. I got the taller seat foam but the seat is still hard as a rock. I have had on my bike for about a year now and it has not gotten any softer.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 17, 2005 - 06:15 AM

Anyone have an idea on how to make the YZF seat more comfortable? It’s like sitting on wood.

Thanks

2003 YZ450F

Why are you sitting? Just kidding.....Ceet/FX/nStyle all have tall seat foam -
SDG has complete seat - I have SDG and like it - 80.00 for a complete seat....

• mx426

Posted March 17, 2005 - 11:44 AM

I had a Moose seat, which is the same as a SDG, but it was too thin. I drilled the cushion as stated before, and it works wonders. It's a free mod. If you don't like it, you really haven't lost anything right? A lot of the KTM guys I ride with do this as well.

• Ceetman

Posted April 12, 2005 - 06:56 AM

Try CEET they supply Team Yamaha Chad Reed etc with their seat needs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.