Dunlop D756 Tire/do they wear out to easily?

7 replies to this topic

Posted March 16, 2005 - 05:45 AM

I recently bought a new bike that came with the RACE REPLICA tires. I read somewhere that they are only supposed to last for a few miles. Is this true? If it is why do they sell a tire that wears out so quickly?
Also how long will it be before the tire wears out?

• fastenuf4u

Posted March 16, 2005 - 06:20 AM

They sell 2 versions of the D756 tire. The first version is their standard tire that has somewhat decent wear but not the best and costs about 60 or so. The other version is the Race Replica model. This uses a special rubber compound to provide excellent grip at the expense of tread life, they cost about $100+. Usually you only see people who are sponsored, or have tons of money to spend using these tires. If you decide to get a new rear tire I would recommend the Maxxis Maxxcross IT tires, they are said to wear longer and give nearly the same traction as the other tires. That is the route I am going once my 756 wears out a bit more here soon.

• sanpedro426

Posted March 16, 2005 - 08:24 AM

I second that i am a dunlop fan, however the 756 wears out in about four rides for me so i switched to maxxis it on the rear and am very impressed with the wear and cant complain about the grip. :) :)

• ktmr

Posted March 16, 2005 - 08:43 AM

When I got my 03 YZF the owner before me had the D756 RR on it. When I went to replace it with a regular 756, the bead on the RR was very difficult to break. Which is part of the selling aspect of the RR so you can run lower tire pressure. I have been very happy with the 756 and do not regret for a minute not putting another RR on it. My suggestion would be to go ahead and swallow your pride and have a shop replace the RR with whatever tire your choose. After that, you can go back to replacing your tires in a short period of time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:32 PM

So do the tires last long? Or only a few miles? I hope they last a season of trail riding.

• Satch0922

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:09 PM

the RR wears quicker than the 756. I have used nothing but 756's for the past 3 years. They are excellent tires if you ride on groomed MX tracks. If you ride trails, enduro, cross country type stuff you will not be happy with them at all.

• ThrakenH04

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:49 PM

the RR wears quicker than the 756. I have used nothing but 756's for the past 3 years. They are excellent tires if you ride on groomed MX tracks. If you ride trails, enduro, cross country type stuff you will not be happy with them at all.

Im with satch on this one. I started using the normal 756's for the front and rear on my 450 ever since I replaced the stockers and they are just awesome for soft well groomed tracks, but other then that, and look for another tire.

Posted March 17, 2005 - 04:36 PM

I ride trails and occasionally some gravel pits. So these tires will wear out before the season is over! :) :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.