Decompression Plug

7 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted March 16, 2005 - 04:17 AM

Has anyone had there decompression plug pop out on there 05's, I was going to get one but it seems that there do not have one for the 05 and I was not sure if they are the same?

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2005 - 09:25 AM

The '05 uses the same one as the earlier models. It's just a matter of the listing not being updated.

I don't know of anyone who has blown one in an '05, but there isn't any reason that it won't happen.

• rmracer27

Posted March 16, 2005 - 12:56 PM

Its the same as the 03 and 04. Thats one of the first things I did on my 05.

• Jeremiah

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:00 PM

Please forgive me, but what's a decompression plug?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vibeguy

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:54 PM

Jeremiah,

If you have installed the 03 exhaust cam in your 00, 426 and removed the manual decomp arm/lever from the front of your cylinder head you should consider getting one. If you still have the manual decomp set up and plan to stay with it then it is not a concern for you.

I make the plugs for the TT store and have a website with more information and pictures if you or anyone else would like more info. I do not sell the plugs anymore, they are all sold through and in support of the TT store.

http://www.quasi-motoracing.com/

Fritz

• Jeremiah

Posted March 16, 2005 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the info, VG. I'm still stock, so I can ignore.

• IronManC

Posted March 17, 2005 - 06:34 AM

Part numbers and reasoning same for the 05 WR 450 I presume?

• Vibeguy

Posted March 17, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ironman,

I haven't looked at an 05 WR yet but if you have the retention screw and the rubber plug in the cyl. head from the factory I would say "yes" the TT decomp plug will work.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.