Steering Damper Suggestions for 05 WR450?

8 replies to this topic
  • TeXR

Posted March 15, 2005 - 11:03 PM

Anyone find a damper that works well on this model?

• Domenic_WRF

Posted March 15, 2005 - 11:27 PM

Scotts 2005 WR450 Loves rocks and sand!! Don't leave home without one... :)

• jetdave

Posted March 16, 2005 - 07:45 AM

I have the GPR on my 2005 WR 250F. It works great and they will give you free rebuilds with quick turnaround. :)

• un450azul

Posted March 16, 2005 - 09:08 AM

GPR V3 with the thumb controls... wish I would have ordered that one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted March 16, 2005 - 10:06 AM

whats the best oil? whats the best tire? whats the best damper,your gonna get as many answers as there is dampers!! i run W.E.R. in some tight woods and love it,smooooth :)

• RichBaker

Posted March 16, 2005 - 12:32 PM

Got a Scotts on my came off my 90YZ250. I love it!

• CharlesFP

Posted March 16, 2005 - 02:52 PM

I have the Scotts complete package. It works great, but I am planning on getting BRP's sub-mount because it places the damper under the bars so you can use a bar with a crossbar pad. I think that is very important for agressive riding. In a bad crash the Damper could go right through your sternum and kill you. There's also the GPR 2, which mounts under the bar as well.

• mayday

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:07 PM

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]undefined[/COLOR]Run Scott's have one on my 02 426 and 04 450 and love them !!!!!!!!! :) :)

• Seabass

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:09 PM

Call BRP and they'll set you up with a Scotts dampner. When I bought mine they did not have a sub bar mount set up for the WR but that may have changed. I've ridden with both the GPR and Scotts and I like the Scotts better, but both are nice.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.