I shimmed I jetted I blocked smog, Thanks!

No replies to this topic
  • GoldCountryDirtRider

Posted March 15, 2005 - 09:38 PM

Got back late Sunday from an over 100-mile dual sport ride from Sonora, into the Sierra’s and back. We made it to Schdettgen Pass, Crandall Peak, and Sand Bar Flats. :)
The thanks go to all the people that have taken the time to post the smog block off and jetting articles.
If knuckle heads like me can call Baja Designs and order the smog kit and two jets and spend the better part of a Saturday and improve the pig that much, my helmets off to ya all.
The bike now runs much cooler and has lots more power, and looks so much better with the smog crap off. I just can’t wipe the smile off my face.
So to all that have taken the time to post, research, document, take pictures, and combine multiple posts on this subject, thanks. :p :D :)
This is the first bike I have ever owned and Sunday was only my fifth dirt ride of my life, ya I’m hooked.
And to any one like me who has an XR650L and thinks they couldn’t handle this project, think again. Read the articles look at the pictures then fix the pig, it really is worth it.

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.