Lighting Coil for '01 426

8 replies to this topic
  • waterppk

Posted March 15, 2005 - 07:43 PM

Hello,

I was looking to race a few enduros this summer but i need to have a light on my bike. I looked up lighting coils for my 2001 YZ426; Moose and a couple other companies offer them for $200. Is it possible to take the coil off of a WR and use it? I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to find a coil off of a blown motor. Anybody ever try it?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

• mayday

Posted March 15, 2005 - 07:50 PM

I got a wr stator if you want it $100.00 PM me thx

• 02YZ426

Posted March 15, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Im pretty sure your going to need the flywheel off the WR too, if you want to use that stator.

• waterppk

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:09 PM

looks like it, according to yamaha's exploded view of both bikes, the flywheels are very different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beasleys

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:35 PM

I am interested in the same mod for the same reason. Is the flywheel the only thing that will have to be changed out for the WR stator to be installed or is it alot more trouble than it is worth.

• 02YZ426

Posted March 16, 2005 - 02:49 PM

I put the Electrex Usa L38 stator in mine. I used that one because it uses the stock flywheel and saves a bit of coin. If you only want to run low wattage lighting, this is the cheapest way to go. If you want High Output lighting, they also offer a modified WR stator and flywheel that will fit right in the YZ, but it costs a fair bit more.

• beasleys

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:24 PM

Where did you get that stator from and around how much did it run?

• 02YZ426

Posted March 16, 2005 - 05:01 PM

You can check it out at the electrex usa website http://www.electrexusa.com/ the stator will run you $222 US.

• waterppk

Posted March 16, 2005 - 09:18 PM

$222 and it's only low wattage? wow! :) Time to buy a few super bright LED's and make a battery that will last for 4 hours so i can run enduros and still afford gas and expendables. :)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.