Removed the GYTR insert

2 replies to this topic
  • dirtr1der

Posted March 15, 2005 - 06:49 PM

With my bike now completely reassembled - except for the new grips - I removed the "cork" from the GYTR silencer on my 02. I wrapped the spark arrestor with some packing and fired it up last weekend. I'm not sure if its legal (below 94 dB in Michigan) but it sure makes a difference! Although the tires and street were very cold, I was able to spin my new tire from a 2nd gear roll on dry pavement. It actually took me by surprise and I almost lost it! I had to look back to see if I had hit a patch of snow!

My neighbor said the bike sounds great when I'm cruisin' but its quite "noticeable" when I spin the throttle. He told me its not obnoxious, but definitely louder than last year.

As soon as old man winter decides to leave here and gives me a day above 50, I will take a noise meter home from work and see where it stands. I can't wait.

Oh yeah, did I mention that it started on the 2nd kick in 35 degree weather, after the carb was empty for 4 months??? I

I love this bike!!!! :) :) :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 15, 2005 - 06:52 PM

You need to join Marcusmoberg in the online chat room. :) He is our resident forum drag race expert! :)

• dirtr1der

Posted March 15, 2005 - 07:03 PM

I'll report back after I race the short bus.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.