Yz426 Fork ?

6 replies to this topic
  • GMAN69

Posted March 15, 2005 - 04:22 PM

Well I dont know if I am getting old or what but after a muddy 4 days at hatfield mcoy I needed new pads on both ends. I took the forks off and did the steering bearings and then put them back on. The tire is still off with the bike on the stand while I wait for the parts to come in. Anyhow I noticed that one tube is about 1" lower (or higher) than the other. There set the same up top and I know when I put the tire back on I can push them back even but should they be like this? No seal leaks either.

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 15, 2005 - 07:39 PM

that is not right.

Most likely the rod has broke or come unscrewed from the cap. Inspect immediately!

Other things that could be wrong are you have a bent tube, missing the lock ring for the seal causing the inner tube to seperate from the inner or you have worn fork bushings.

• elburro

Posted March 15, 2005 - 07:42 PM

I know mine is not this way, or any other bike i've had. Make sure you push in the air valve at the top, to make sure there's no pressure . If thats not it then probably fluid levels are off. Replace with correct amount of fluid.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxmark410

Posted March 18, 2005 - 03:20 PM

Gman, I think you have serious issues and should consult a reputable Honda Dealer as soon as possible. Remove the fluids from your current bike and put in the backyard on a stand and let the kids play on it like an old swing set.

• ncmountainman

Posted March 18, 2005 - 03:46 PM

Gman, I think you have serious issues and should consult a reputable Honda Dealer as soon as possible. Remove the fluids from your current bike and put in the backyard on a stand and let the kids play on it like an old swing set.

so who's gonna organize the lynch mob ??? :)

• GMAN69

Posted March 18, 2005 - 04:43 PM

Its unfortunate that even with the issues with the blue monster it spanked the hell out of that new honda of yours. Maybe if you bore it out to a 500 and loose 50 pounds off your fat a$$ you could keep up on the trail.

• sanpedro426

Posted March 18, 2005 - 05:09 PM

Theres nothin like good ole TRASH TALKIN. YOU GO BOYS. :) :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.