1 reply to this topic
  • thingoforange

Posted March 15, 2005 - 03:09 PM

hi , i am looking at buying a 1999 wr400. i have been riding xr's for years and am not very familiar w/ yamahas. what should i look for ? is there a problem i need to be aware of? if so what is it? any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StockJockey

Posted March 16, 2005 - 04:30 AM

I only just recently aquired my 99wr400 ( ridden road missles for years ) and the damn thing never fails to scare me.Lethal is the only way to describe the bike.I've ridden some fast machines in my time at fast speeds and it doesn't come close to the feeling I get trying to push the WR to it's limits,it finds mine long before I find it's.
It handles like its on rails and has power to the ying yang.
From what I've been told mechanically wise,change the oil as regular as you change your jocks ( high revving means high wearing ) and watch the long distance road travelling,gearbox doesn't like it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.