Zip-ty fuel Screw

12 replies to this topic
  • bushman06

Posted March 15, 2005 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone else experienced their zip-ty fuel screw vibrating loose? I have had to remove mine and put the stock one back in as it kept throwing my fuel mixture off when riding? :)

• rockieman

Posted March 15, 2005 - 12:56 PM

Yep....to the point where it fell out and I lost it. I bought another one (not a ZipTy) that I'm going to give a try this season.
I did read somewhere that you need to make sure they get seated all the way. Could have been what happened to me :)

• StreetbikePimp

Posted March 15, 2005 - 01:54 PM

Go with a larger pilot jet so the zip-ty screw is seated further in your carb.

• Sylvain

Posted March 15, 2005 - 02:37 PM

May be a small drop of removable loctite on the threads will prevent the screw from coming loose. That's what I did and it seems ok.

• cruise

Posted March 15, 2005 - 03:16 PM

try stretching the spring a little :)

• ncmountainman

Posted March 15, 2005 - 04:41 PM

i have a kouba link screw,just to make sure i put a small o-ring around the shaft and started threading it in then stuffed the 0-ring up into the hole. it gives just enough resistance :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted March 15, 2005 - 05:08 PM

A carb tuning rule of thumb is...more than 2 turnsout, go to a bigger pilot; less than 1 turn, a smaller pilot. Guys that have run more than 2.5 turns out report the loss of the mixture screw....

• 99wr400

Posted March 15, 2005 - 07:45 PM

my fuel screw cant be turned w/o pliers. BUT my fuel screw is also blocked from normal access because of the cam chain tensioner. I don't like the zip-ty fuel screw...

• bushman06

Posted March 16, 2005 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

I used the stock spring as well as the silver washer and black O ring washer?

I only had it 1.5 turns out but it was loose in the housing. the only time it feelt secure was when I screwed it all the way in.

Do you know if they have remodified the screw and i my have an older model?

• WRookie

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:04 PM

I use the MSR fuel screw in both my bikes. They don't seem to fit as tight as the stock screw but I have never had a problem with them moving.

• charliep

Posted March 16, 2005 - 07:11 PM

I am using a Storm. It has a "lip"on it with an extra O-ring. I was told it keep the screw from falling out. no problems yet, with my 05 wr450.

• BEAN329

Posted March 16, 2005 - 09:38 PM

no prob w/zip ty screw for me :)

• jdd123

Posted March 17, 2005 - 08:21 AM

I've had the screw in 3 bikes and had the screw turned out 2 3/4 turn and it was not loose.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.