7 replies to this topic
  • Adrock

Posted March 15, 2005 - 08:14 AM

I need some help with finding a good speedometer set up. My current TrailTech does not work really well. Any suggestions? :)

• WGP

Posted March 15, 2005 - 08:47 AM

Check out a Baja Designs catalog

• woodsk

Posted March 15, 2005 - 10:09 AM

Depending on when you got the trail tech the sensor mounting instructions may be wrong.

This Thread talks about the mounting issues. Jackazz posted this link to the updated instructions for mounting the sensor Trail Tech ComputerInstallation Instructions . Basically the origional instructions caused a double read which would cause erratic speed calculations. on my trail tech it was exactly double compared to my GPS. I moved the sensor back .5 in and now my trail tech is spot on with the GPS.

I was going to get rid of the trail tech and get someting else until I read this thread. Now I think it is great. Also I did not really care for any of the other sensor mounting options.

• Adrock

Posted March 15, 2005 - 10:31 AM

thank you for the links. I will try to correct the problem and let you know if it works.

Thanks again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted March 15, 2005 - 02:12 PM

I just insatalled a trail tech on my wr426 and it works great, the mag bolt passes through on the end 1/4" of the sensor. I think trail tech's website has the correct installation instructions

• dirtr1der

Posted March 15, 2005 - 06:35 PM

I've been using my gps (Garmin Etrex Legend.) It works great once you get it set up properly. Only problem is it goes through batteries quick. Usually 2, C-cells in one weekend of riding.

Anyone know how to step down a 12 volt battery to 3 volts of clean current???? Most GPS units are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations.

• afi

Posted March 15, 2005 - 10:27 PM

I have fixed for nearly a one year my E-Trex Legend on my 04 WR using the gigarette cable directly to my moto battery. I have no problems except that the vibration affected my main GPS button but still working hard. I enjoy the data on the GPS as current speed, max speed, trip odometer, total time spent for the ride, day time etc...along with my actual positioning . :) :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 15, 2005 - 10:37 PM

Anyone know how to step down a 12 volt battery to 3 volts of clean current???? Most GPS units are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations.

Most of the manufacturers cig adapter are set up for that,just dont cut the cable in front of the regulator, I did that once and fried a brand new $300.00 GPS :) . I too hooked mine up to my battery.I use the spare fuse slot in the little fuse panel and just mount the 12v power point on the backside of my number plate and run the gps off the bike. Works great. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.