Right side radiator

11 replies to this topic
  • trickwarrior

Posted March 14, 2005 - 06:03 PM

Hey, After reading all the posts bout leaking I found the leak in mine. It appears to me to be leaking from the radiator itself. Does anyone fix these things or should I start looking for a new one? Besides ebay where should I look. Rode the dunes in Bowie AZ this weekend, boy is it nice to win some races. Love the bike but need to get this leaking taken care of. Any ideas? :)

• drewpeacock

Posted March 14, 2005 - 06:16 PM

I found a leak on my wifes hair scramble bike the day before the race and I took it to a radiator shop (for semi-trucks) and he fixed it and it still is holding fine. I would probably replace it on my bike seeing how much it would cost to rebuild a four stroke motor. Her bike is a 2smoke and I have an extra cylinder and piston for it.

• trickwarrior

Posted March 14, 2005 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Anyone have one for sale? PS what did they charge you at that shop?

• Tab812

Posted March 14, 2005 - 07:49 PM

A friend of mine had his fixed on his YZ426 and has not had a bit of trouble.
He went to the local radiator repair(auto) and they charged him $35.
A lot cheaper than a used one....

• trickwarrior

Posted March 14, 2005 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to have mine fixed tomorrow but am still looking to replace it as well.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 14, 2005 - 08:10 PM

Try Mylers at http://www.motorcycl...s.com/main.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trickwarrior

Posted March 14, 2005 - 08:32 PM

Just short him an email thanks for the imput. You guys all rock!

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 15, 2005 - 04:12 AM

Dont forget to get some unabiker guards to protect the radiators! :)

• trickwarrior

Posted March 15, 2005 - 06:24 AM

Thanks looked those right after i figured out this one had a hole in it. Do you have them how do they bolt up? Lots of colors to choose from to huh? Thanks again.

• trickwarrior

Posted March 15, 2005 - 10:38 PM

Hey guy in my home town did a great jb on my radiator fixed it 1/2 hour
Installed it along with my new brake light switch and mirror and I'm onthe road. Thanks for all the help.

• RichBaker

Posted March 16, 2005 - 12:41 PM

If you're in Tucson, Harold's Welding will fix it. They're on Hughes Access Rd., East of Noggie Hwy. Harold's prob'ly the best welder in town...and he fixed what Mylers couldn't! It's still good, 5 years later...

• vantolr

Posted March 16, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Mylers in Utah.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.