handlebar ratings?

1 reply to this topic
  • tnl

Posted March 14, 2005 - 10:02 AM

While doing some on line research for replacing my stock bars I noticed that Pro taper states that their 7/8" SE bars are rated at: 70,000psi. compression? Tension? shear? Not all manufactures list what psi there bars are rated for? Seems to me that when we shop for a strong bar we should know what strength (psi) they are rated for? not just what diameter the are...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 14, 2005 - 11:09 AM

Odds are that is the tensile strength of the material used to make the bar. Aluminum is commonly graded this way. Whether the finished product still meets that standard depends on how it was processed, and it may or may not.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.