HRC Tip - USFS Approved?

3 replies to this topic
  • Hd_hubub

Posted March 13, 2005 - 07:27 PM

Installed the HRC tip on the BRP during the uncorking process. Still has the spark arrester, but no stamp on the tip that states 'USFS Approved'. I don't want to get hassled by rangers, but it carries the same spark arrester as stock.

Anyone have any experience with this?

• qadsan

Posted March 13, 2005 - 08:04 PM

I've never been hassled by any rangers because the stamp wasn't there, but I suppose we're technically in violation because of this. I've seen rangers place a stick up into people's exhaust systems and I've seen / passed a number of CA rangers and even rode up to them to talk, but I've never been hassed becuse of this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper447

Posted March 15, 2005 - 06:17 PM

Carry an 8mm to take the end cap off and show him if he wants to get anal. Remember, they are human too, a little common sense and no disrespect will go a long ways when dealing w/ them.

• Troy_Bell

Posted March 16, 2005 - 12:36 PM

I thought the same thing when I replaced the tip. I was almost concerned enough about it to take the stock one and cut the tip out just to have the words stamped on it. Only once was I stopped on my BRP by a ranger for inspection. All he did was ask me if it was USFS approved. :) Maybe I looked trustworthy with the helmet on. I have on occasion had a ranger shove a stick inside the pipe of my YZ to check. Honestly, this shouldn't be a problem unless the ranger gets anal as mentioned above.

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.