Fork Question?

1 reply to this topic
  • rmracer27

Posted March 13, 2005 - 11:31 AM

I noticed that when my bike is up on my bike stand I can feel slight play in one of my forks. I thought it was my wheel bearings but its not. I can only feel it in the one forks.When the bike is on the ground I don't feel it which makes me think that it is fine. Just want to make sure! Is this normal?? The bike is an 05 yzf450. Any help would be great guys.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe_Jet

Posted March 13, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Is this a new 05. Do you have any reason to suspect damage...bad crash, etc.? How many hours are on this bike? Are you sure the fork isn't compressing just a bit when you're checking it? Make sure you are checking for freeplay by applying pressure at ba 90 degree angle to the fork and pull to extend slightly when checking.

Good Luck,

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.