Which Dual Sport Kit

9 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted March 10, 2005 - 08:18 PM

Can anyone recommend which dual sport kit to buy for an 03 or 04 WR450?

• Texas4play

Posted March 11, 2005 - 06:09 AM

http://trickdualsport.com/
This is the best looking one I've seen AND judging from the write-ups it's the most versatile and dependable.

• Fryboy

Posted March 11, 2005 - 06:19 AM

I highly recommend Dale at Trickdualsports. He is a good man and will handle any issues you may have personally. A real stand up guy. No 15 year old kids answering his phone. I have had my kit for about a year and it is working great. :)

Fryboy

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 11, 2005 - 06:29 AM

I have had my trickdualsport kit for two years now and have ZERO problems.
I called Dale last year to order a new stop light switch and Dale wanted to know if it was his fault that it went bad (it wasn't). He was already to send me a new one for free. I assured him it was my stupidity and he should sell it to me, which is what he did. He is a great person to deal with and has a fantastic product.
Jim

• ETP

Posted March 11, 2005 - 06:37 AM

I've had no problems with my Trickdualsport kit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesD

Posted March 11, 2005 - 07:31 AM

I have the Baja Designs and haven't had any problems with it at all but some people claim to have had problems with a couple parts from the kit.

I will say that I didn't like having to install the regulator rectifier in the air box. I thought it should fit where the stock one did.

The wire harness is excellent.
I would like to have a key switch though.

• JamesD

Posted March 11, 2005 - 07:34 AM

Oh yeah, the on/off-hi/low kill switch assembly is kinda lightweight and I question it's durability but it hasn't broken.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 11, 2005 - 07:49 AM

Without a question, Trickdualsport. Dale has the best... :)

Dan

• chipwich

Posted March 11, 2005 - 03:14 PM

I have a Baja Designs license plate bracket, banjo bolt rear brake light switch, and rear view mirror. Minimal, but gets the job done for the little bit of time that I spend on the street. The rest is extra weight off road. If I were to do a motard setup, it'd be the Trick kit.

• drewpeacock

Posted March 11, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Just to be on the safe side I would get the Trick Dual Sport!!! Best costumer relations guy around. He truly cares and does not put junk on the market. By the way I just got my plate today and it's like having a new bike being able to drive on the street legally. :) :) :p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.