Thinking WR450, But ned Help

5 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted March 10, 2005 - 03:37 PM

]I had a dual sport and a WR400 for a while now. I got this idea to sell them both and buy a new WR450 and dual sport it myself. Then I saw that alot of people are selling 03 and 04 models pretty cheap. I heard that the 03's had some problems. What do I need to look for when looking at used ones.

I also want to know if anyone knows of a good seat company that can make me a seat that I can use on dual sport rides only. I am going to keep the factory seat on the new bike when I get it but I want a really comfortable seat for long trips.

Any ideas would help!

• un450azul

Posted March 10, 2005 - 05:15 PM

I ride an '03 and have been fortunate not to have the dreaded 'woodruff key' issue on my bike.

For saddles (I guess if their custom this is what they're called) a couple guys I've read about doing loooong D/S rides use Bill Mayer Saddles http://billmayersadd...25homepage.html

I use a Guts Racing Tall/Soft and I swear it saved me from a broken tail bone in the last race.

Good luck.

• 450f

Posted March 10, 2005 - 08:27 PM

I have an 04 wr450. I had not had a dirt bike for 27 years. I had raced 100,125 and 250 class through most of the 70,s I find the 450 to be easy to ride & easy to work on. have had no problems. I ride mostly tight trails & fire roads.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BubZ

Posted March 11, 2005 - 06:59 AM

I keep hearing about the Guts seat foam. Where can I find it? My 05 has a nice slim seat, but there is very little foam and I get saddle sore pretty quickly.

Thanks,
Bud

• woodsk

Posted March 11, 2005 - 07:43 AM

http://www.gutsracing.com/

I Should be sending my seat out this week

• djv5

Posted March 11, 2005 - 09:04 AM

I have an '03 WR450f with absolutely ZERO problems after 5,000 Super Motard road and dirt trail miles combined. Very reliable, and fast. I use the e-button for every start-up. Adjusted valves 1 time @ about 1,000 miles. Only regular oil changes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.