05' WR405 tall seat help

5 replies to this topic
  • Boonie

Posted March 10, 2005 - 09:00 AM

I could use some direction here.

I'm 6'1" and feel a bit cramped on my 05' WRF450. I want to replace the stock seat with a tall replacement. The only company I've found so far that offers tall replacement foam for the 05's is CEET. Good enough.

BUT, CEET offers 3 different seat covers yet makes no mention of which ones are applicable to the tall foam. I'm under the impression from looking at their website and different off-road catalogs that the seat covers are suited to standard height seats.

The lack of detailed info is frustrating. It would be my luck to order the seat cover I like and have it not fit the tall foam replacement. I even e-mailed CEET with the question of which of their covers fit the tall foam but have recieved no reply.

Anyone have any knowledge here? Or, if you've put on a tall replacement seat, pass on the dimensions and company to me?

Thanks.

Boonie

• NewBlue

Posted March 10, 2005 - 09:09 AM

If I am not mistaking, I believe that SDG makes a tall seat for the bike as well.

• basicblues

Posted March 10, 2005 - 09:42 AM

Here's a link to Guts Racing. They will have what you need. I have a few photo's of the comparsion between the stock seat foam and guts tall seat foam. I'll try to post those when I get time.Guts Racing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted March 10, 2005 - 10:38 AM

SDG makes complete seats and also sells them under the Moose logo to.

I have the tall SDG on my 00Wr with firm foam, it is perfect, not to firm/hard.
I also have the SDG/Moose tall with soft foam on my 04 and I dont like it, my ass hits the seat pan occasionally/ more than I would like in the rough stuff. I weight 215.
The height is great though.

• Boonie

Posted March 10, 2005 - 02:55 PM

Can someone link me to SDG's website (if they have one)? Also, does SDG offer seat covers?

Thanks.

Boonie

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted March 22, 2005 - 04:15 PM

Just talked with SDG today. I had noticed the tall seat for my 04 was much softer so much I didnt like the feel when sitting thru rocks, whoops etc, was hitting the seat base, especially in the back where its thin. I was getting ready to sell the 04 seat thinking I could get a firmer one from SDG, but no dice, there is no such thing as soft and firm foam for the 04-05 line up. Apparently the seat back in 00 where made from a diff supplier or material.

just thought I share some info.
Now does any one else know of a firm seat out there thats already put together?????????????????? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.