pricing a used wr?

7 replies to this topic
  • drive805

Posted March 09, 2005 - 10:33 PM

i have decided to get a used wr ..
what would be a good price for one?
i found one listed for 3500 with extras and i found one for 2900 with not as many extras but with less hours
and i found one stock for 3000...
thanks in advance

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 09, 2005 - 10:39 PM

what year, and what kind of riding do you do. I may have a lead on one if you would like. As far as price, you may just have to find the best bike for the money. I mean it depends on the mods, aftermarket parts, miles, and general condition. Good luck :)

• Victor Champion

Posted March 10, 2005 - 06:52 AM

Generally I prefer to by everything as close to stock as possible.
I feel better thinking that it will not need special treatment to get it to start or run. I like having a good baseline or foundation to start with.

Heavily modified bikes can be very tricky and often come with problems.
You can save some money buying a bike with all the bells and whistles already installed but it's questionable.

It's the luck of the draw with used bikes.
Good luck.

I picked up my 2001 WR426 in September of 2004 for $3000.00.
IT was VERY stock and I have not had any problems. :)

• bsnm8

Posted March 10, 2005 - 07:20 AM

I just put my 99 WR400 up for sale today. <800 mi, super clean, no issues. $3000

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cork44

Posted March 10, 2005 - 07:43 AM

Spend some time and shop around. I got my stock 2001 wr426 for $2400, and its, awesome! That was a year ago, and it's been bulletproof for me. I can't say enough good thingss about it! :)

• tgodwin

Posted March 10, 2005 - 10:00 AM

This thread has been around before. It boils down to wether or not the California street legal bike is a requirement for you. What I found is you can tack on an extra $1000 for the prices you see from other states to get it. It seems to get a well kept, good running, plated (street legal) WR from year 99 to 01 you are lookin at a price from $2800 to $3500. I spent $3500 on my 99 recently, but it was in excellent shape with lots of extras. The price may have been $100 to $200 high, but I'm on the trail and having fun.
Looks like bsmn8 has a bike in that range, if it is street legal that would be a good price.
I wish we didn't have to pay more for our bikes in California, but it seems that is the case.
Good luck on your search.
Cheers - Tim

• drive805

Posted March 11, 2005 - 12:34 AM

thinking about DS but i usually ride trails with some desert, thinking about hare scramblers too... i have a budget of $3300 i think i can get a nice one for that amount.... would prefer a 01-02 426 i will look around for a bit ... thanks all

• kevin1209

Posted March 11, 2005 - 09:06 AM

Whatever you choose, I recommend staying with the wr line of bike. I have a 98 400 so I'm biased, but this thing is truly bulletproof. Keep up the regular maintenance and they will do you right. In my opinion, the best bike on the market. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.