Radiator Fluid??

6 replies to this topic
  • keestan31

Posted March 09, 2005 - 12:03 PM

I just bought a 99' yz400 last week...I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet because it has rained everyday since I bought it...so decided to some maintenance to it before I start riding it hard...i changed the oil, and took off the radiator cap and could not see any radiatior fluid in it...what type of radiator fluid should i run in it?...also what are some other things I should check?

• brock1732

Posted March 09, 2005 - 08:26 PM

I just bought a 99 yz400 also, boy its fast! You will like it. I used distilled water with the specified amount of watter wetter in my radiators and it seemed great! The radiator holds 1 quart and 1/4 with 5 capfulls of water wetter.

• Scooter426

Posted March 09, 2005 - 08:31 PM

just remember that if you live where it may freeze, use 50/50 of water/ethylene glycol. Water wetter provides no anti-freeze capabilities. If you are only going to use your bike in warm climates, then water wetter is great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxracer452

Posted March 12, 2005 - 10:07 PM

i run engine ice in my 450 and it seems to work extremely well....no mixing with water or anything else....just put it in and go....it'll not freeze unless u live somewhere where it gets colder than -25 or so....lol.. :)

• Satch0922

Posted March 13, 2005 - 05:23 AM

i run engine ice in my 450 and it seems to work extremely well....no mixing with water or anything else....just put it in and go....it'll not freeze unless u live somewhere where it gets colder than -25 or so....lol.. :)

Engine Ice for me too. It's a no worry, pour it and go product. Used it in my 426 and it never boiled over. Using it in my 250 pinger now. Gotta love brand loyalty huh?

http://www.cyclelogic.cc/

• WRookie

Posted March 13, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Anything wrong with run of the mill prestone? I have used the premix with no problems. It's formulated for aluminum engines so I figured what the heck.

• 01wr426

Posted March 13, 2005 - 03:40 PM

Anyone know what will happen if you run too much water wetter?
I am sure I used more than 4-5 capfulls when I put it in there. I havent ridden it yet so I still have time to fix it if something bad would happen.

I tipped my 426 to the side to drain out some coolant so I could install the water wetter and so my measure method was seriously flawed.
I put in way over half the 12 oz bottle.

Thanks, eric

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.