Another YZ timing change question

1 reply to this topic
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 15, 2001 - 02:16 PM

I searched the archives for this and I think I know the answer, but I'm not sure and need a little advice. I've changed my 99 WR's timing to YZ (rotated exhaust cam one tooth clockwise) and now my bike runs like crap. It seems to be too lean on the bottom now and stumbles badly mid-range. Here's my question (a Yes or No will suffice): Is it a given that carb adjustments (needle and pilot jet changes at least) will need to be made when doing the timing change? I was just wondering if I messed something up or is more work required? If this helps, I ride near sea level, slow jet- #45, main- #180, #DTM needle 4th clip, #100 Pilot air jet- these worked fine with WR timing. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted August 15, 2001 - 02:23 PM

Rich,

If your running a YZ or aftermarket pipe, use the jetting in my signature. My bike pulls like a tractor, blows thru the mid range, barks on the top, starts first or second kick and NEVER fouls plugs.

Oh and I've also de-octopussed and used the jets that Clark outlined in the tech section.

You won't be disappointed :)

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 08-15-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.