Is the electux stator a waste of money?

1 reply to this topic
  • noslo98

Posted March 08, 2005 - 10:19 PM

I need a stator for my 03 450 but have heard nuthing but bad things about electux. Is it that worthless? i just dont want to spend $500+ on the e-line when i only use it once a month. and dont like how far it sticks out. Or does any one have one laying aroun they are not using? Last time i used 3 flashlights and a roll of duct tape to the front fender. The results are the pic in my avatar 14 staples and 7 stitches to the shin.I never said i was a smart one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • henrysdad

Posted March 09, 2005 - 03:51 AM

the eletrerx 45 watt works. Not streetbike like but o.k. there is very little output at idle ,and if you utilize a brake light,when you use the brakes ,the headlight goes away.

Off road with a simple headlight and once a month. it will work.Don't forget the ac voltage regulator or you will blow a couple of bulbs like me.

Last thing, my bike developed a steady throttle missfire after installing said stator ,and others have to. I went so far as to replace my cdi and coil. The only band-aid so far is to run with the TPS unplugged. My bike is a streetmotard, if you are off road only,you may never notice that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.