WR426 rear spring Q's

5 replies to this topic
  • Victor Champion

Posted March 08, 2005 - 08:56 PM

Where can I get a new rear spring for my 2001 WR426?

The previous owner weighed maybe 150lbs.
I'm at 195lbs without gear.
What spring is recommended?
Where can I get one?
...and, How much should I expect to pay? :)

I ride mostly desert but am toying with the idea of going to the track with some friends every once in a while.

Prefered set up would be for tight technical trails, with hard braking and heavy acceleration. I like hitting some mild jumps also, not supercross stuff but 4 to 5 feet air is common.

Thanks,
Eric

• DeltaT

Posted March 08, 2005 - 11:30 PM

I like the TT store or RockyMountainMC.com. Weigh yourself with gear before you choose. The manual has a good chart. I weigh about 225-230 with gear and chose the 5.8 spring - 1/10th heavier than 'stiff' in the manual. Works great and my sag can be set correctly. I forget the price, sorry. Installation was easy and took 2 hours, because I hadn't been that far into the bike before.

If you are under 220 w/gear, I recommend you check with your favorite Yam. parts person and price the stock replacement 5.7 spring. There are a few parts that are cheaper at Yam, like rear sprockets. Maybe the spring, too.

Jim

• cork44

Posted March 09, 2005 - 09:00 AM

Im 200 lbs and I am going to get the 5.6kg spring from the TT store. They have a couple of different kinds available, and the price is right. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted March 09, 2005 - 09:16 AM

If you are 200, you may want to consider a 5.7. I weigh the same, and the 5.6 seems a little on the light side for me. It works, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get the 5.7.

• Victor Champion

Posted March 09, 2005 - 09:01 PM

If you are 200, you may want to consider a 5.7. I weigh the same, and the 5.6 seems a little on the light side for me. It works, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get the 5.7.

Are you at 200lbs with gear or without gear?
I didn't see a 5.7 listed. Just 5.6 & 5.8.
What brand do you recommend?

• Victor Champion

Posted March 10, 2005 - 09:52 AM

Are you at 200lbs with gear or without gear?
I didn't see a 5.7 listed. Just 5.6 & 5.8.
What brand do you recommend?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.